On Wednesday, July 18th at 9:08 am our little Baby W joined our family! He weighed in at 8lbs 3 oz and was 20 inches long (our biggest baby yet).
With the last two children arriving via emergency c-sections that were pretty extreme I was beyond nervous for Baby W's arrival. Thankfully I made it to the scheduled date (10 days early).
When I got to the hospital we got checked in and set up for our 9:30 scheduled time but the hospital was so quiet that I was able to get in the OR early which was nice to just get on with it. Here I am faking a smile because I was way too nervous for a real one!
It was so weird just walking straight into the OR and hopping up on the table to get my spinal. There was zero rush, all the doctors and nurses were calm and social.
There was a group of staff waiting for baby's arrival that were off to the side and hearing them chatting socially amongst themselves was a huge relief during the delivery because I knew that everything was going super smoothly.
About 10 mins into the surgery I heard the cutest cries and saw Baby W! The best feeling in the world. He was not super impressed with what was going on and was sure to let us know. He had the cutest sad face.
For the next 40 mins or so Baby W kept us entertained as the surgery was finished. Everything went so well and my bladder which was cut in my previous c-section made it through completely intact ;)
We headed to the recovery room for a while and enjoyed some bonding time, where I finally got to hold him, before heading off to our room and visitors.
He finally took a good look around.
Survived his first bath!
Our first family of 5 shot...........lol
This time around was night and day compared to the last two c-sections. The recovery was so much easier and I was able to get around really well thanks to some great meds and minimal blood loss. I did run into a bit of a snag on the second day when I had an allergic reaction to one of the pain killers and ended up with a super sick stomach (i'll spare you the details) for about a day until it cleared my system (miserable).
For the first time with a c-section I actually felt up to having visitors and was so blessed with sweet friends and family that came to see us. It helped make the stay a lot nicer.
AL and JA loved getting to give their baby brother a bottle.
After 3.5 long days we finally headed home. I am thrilled to be home but the pain is pretty intense with being taken off the heavy narcotics and the house hold taking a bit of a toll (part of the journey)!
Baby W is seriously the sweetest thing and I couldn't be happier to have him complete our family. We are truly blessed.
He is such a cutie!! I can hardly wait to see him in person. I am so glad that everything went so much better this time for you -- you definitely deserved it! Give him some hugs and kisses from all his cousins down here!
ReplyDeleteI love him so much! He is so cute and I see so much Hildebrand in him haha. Can't wait to see you guys xox..
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed reading your "story"...love hearing birth stories and baby arrivals!!!! What a beautiful thing! Little Weston is so adorable! Love his expressions!!! Enjoy the journey and god bless!! We will catch a liperked in September, or maybe a park near by before then!
ReplyDeleteSo So Sweet! I LOVE the sad face. SO CUTE! He must have been practicing that one in the womb especially for his arrival.
ReplyDeleteSorry you were sick. That's horrible but I'm so glad it's over and even more glad that you are recovering well. What a blessing.
I wish I could be there to hold him for you and do a bit of house cleaning/dinner making while I was at it.
You have the sweetest family. :)
Oh I just love him and am so happy for all the great things with your experience! I love the bath pic....he's clinging to the side. lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad everything went well! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome little man! So happy to hear how well everything went- besides the getting sick part. Family of 5, that's so cool! Love ya!
ReplyDelete