Saturday pics are being taken of our house to list for sale. The last two weeks have been a marathon of cleaning, staging and more cleaning. I will admit that I am glad that I tackled so much organizing and de-junking of every cupboard and closet over the last couple months because there is no way I could get it all done this week. Every single muslce in my body hurts from all the scrubbing. I am sure I have gone a bit overboard because my house is usually pretty "clean" but I really want my house not to look like 3 kids live here and have trashed it in anyway.
If you are wanting to spring clean here are a few things I have tackled this week:
- chipped the remaining ice on the driveway (hello sore shoulders)
- washed every baseboard, wall and moulding (found a few hidden doodles from the kids in the process)
- washed every light fixture, switch plate, etc
- washed every cupboard board and piece of hardware in the house
- scrubbed the appliances inside and out (we may be eating sandwiches until the house sells ;)
- scrubbed every inch of my kitchen table and chairs and bar stools
- bees waxed the kitchen table top (major arm workout)
- washed the windows (wish that included the outsides but maybe tomorrow if it is warm enough)
- steam cleaned the area rug and basement
- vacuumed every inch of carpet including all the edges with the attachments
- hired professional carpet cleaners for upstairs and the stairs
- washed down every desk, dresser, leather couch
- hemmed curtains
- dusted, dusted and dusted some more
- waxed my black fridge door several times(a google tip that I am not entirely sold on)
- washed all heat vents and air intake vents
- husband has painted high traffic walls and trim
- washed the doors
- hauled out a "million" bags of trash, toys, clothing and good will donations
There has been lots of de-personalizing (removing family pics) and staging including new linens in the bathrooms and some bedrooms along with a few new decor items. In some ways it is a shame that it takes this kind of pressure to get us to do the things we have wanted to do for years. Our master bedroom has a large space in it that we set up our computer desk, craft table and craft cupboard for years. We finally cleared it all out and set up a nice reading corner with an electric fireplace........I sure hope have the same set up in our new place and can enjoy it a bit.
Still so much to do but we are getting close! Off to clean the bathrooms right now and then tomorrow's highlight includes scrubbing all the kitchen, bathrooms and living room floors by hand...........fun. Wish me luck.
I'm pretty sure if the kids didn't need to be bathed, clothed in clean clothes, fed 3 meals a day and driven to school and entertained this would be a lot easier........ha.
Happy cleaning to all you spring cleaners.
Whew!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a marathon. You're doing a great job!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a huge list -- but moving will be so much easier without all that extra stuff to do! Good luck with selling quickly!!
ReplyDeleteSide note: on my above comment about waxing the fridge, after 3 attempts it really does look a million times better and the hairline scratches are way less noticeable!
ReplyDeleteWow -- I need a nap just reading about everything you've done. Also, if that's what it takes to sell a house, I guess I'll never be moving. =)
ReplyDeleteYou are a machine! When you're done with yours wanna come down here and help me prep for baby? I could use an ounce of your energy! So far I've washed the doodles from the walls, my list is a lot longer than just that though :P
ReplyDelete