It seems like my little men have gotten a lot of blog attention lately and I don't want to miss out on remembering what AL has been up to. For starters this little 5 year old girl HATES having her picture taken right now so most pictures seem to come with a bit of "attitude".....lol. I often question whether she is 5 or 14 years old, ha.
Our little AL loves school and learning. She is constantly amazing me with the things she knows and understands. The teacher in me loves the kindergarten student in her, the one who knows all the rules and routines and is so eager to please!
AL just celebrated her 100th day of school this past month which is a pretty big deal when you are 5!
Every other week she gets the chance to present a letter in front of her class for discovery learning. She has to select something unique/educational that her peers might not know much about (starting with a certain letter) and then write 3 sentences, draw a pic and present it to her class.
Last week she had the letter "F" and thanks to her uncle came up with "fire extinguisher". I love watching how hard she works to write so neatly and draw a picture with care.
AL loves to spend time crafting, drawing and painting. I am pretty sure there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't chose to go to the "painting centre" at school!
She started the nightly "Home reading" program at school this month and I have been amazed at how she can pick up the books and read them cover to cover and uses phonics and picture clues to figure out words she doesn't know.
This past month I pulled out a vintage serving tray that I had purchased at a craft sale of a talented friend last year. AL's eyes lit up and the wheels in her head started spinning. Whenever she can convince us to have dessert she pulls out a pad of paper and takes our "orders" then serves dessert to us on the tray. (It can make me nervous how much she piles on it but she loves it!)
AL shares a room with her baby brother and is seriously like a second mother. I often walk in to find her shhhhhhing him if he is upset or singing softly from her bed to him. To say he loves her would be an understatement. He is way more willing to open his mouth and eat from her then me any day!
Our little Miss has been a huge hoarder/bag lady from the moment she could walk. She loves to drag things around the house and make a mess in the process. Little, tiny toys (princesses, Strawberry Shortcake, Pet Shops, etc) are her favorite things. I have been ignoring the disaster state of her bedroom for a while and yesterday while she was at school I finally got the chance to clean up and do a major dejunk in preparation for selling the house. Every inch of her floor was covered in toys and they were spilling out of the closet. Now what is left is organized neatly into bins out of reach!
AL got this "lovely" (large/tacky) art desk for her birthday from Grandma and Grandpa and it has become a dumping ground for all of her art work and treasures in the middle of her room. After cleaning I squeezed it into her closet to make her a little "office" to work in and make for a very clean, spacious looking room. She couldn't be more thrilled (phew). Good thing she didn't see the 3 large bags of trash I took out of her room (wink).
We love our little girl and are so glad she is such a great example to her little brothers!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I'm thinking of "staging" my home just because. There is so much junk and things we don't use around here. I love her room! Did you make the daughter of God sign? RS craft day perhaps? I'd love to make one.
ReplyDeleteAnd I deleted my other comment because I am retarded.
You are funny! The sign was actually something I ordered from T's talented cousin who does custom vinyl work.
ReplyDelete