When it comes to the holidays I tend to be the mom with a list a mile long with crafts, activities, food, etc that will fill our time and make for a great experience. This year with our house deep in boxes, half of our furniture packed into a storage container and a mess in every direction I was anything but that Mom. And do you know what? My kids still had a great weekend and didn't even care that we didn't dye eggs or do anything crafty.
(A good lesson to learn)
We were fortunate to have Daddy home for 5 days and we got a lot done around the house in the packing department which was a huge relief.
We were spoiled with a perfect turkey dinner with my family on Good Friday and I was grateful my Mom baked a cake for my easter trifle when I realized I had already packed my pans away..........opps.
I normally would cook and host a big turkey dinner for T's family but this year I took a HUGE stress off my shoulders and we took everyone out to a breakfast restaurant right by T's brothers apartment and the bus station (so we didn't even have to drive anyone back and forth). Genius.
A couple months ago I purchased tickets for our favorite Easter Egg Hunt and despite the load of snow we have on the ground this year we had a fabulous time. I always maintain that my favorite part about that hunt is letting the kids burn off a ton of pent up winter energy! It was extra fun this year with our friends who joined us from out of town.
We enjoyed a lovely church service on Sunday and loved time focused on the reason for the season.
 |
| there was some deep snow! |
 |
| We had to recreate our belly shot from the summer |
 |
| A successful hunt |
 |
| Trying to get a nice Easter Sunday pic was a gong show |
 |
| Twirling! |
 |
| The Easter Bunny came while we were at church |
 |
| Easter Bunnies |
Very cute bunnies. I'd do the FEP hunt again (and remember to bring milk and soothers with me. :/ ) I was telling J about the free cartoons all day in the theatre....that would be a perfect "quiet time" breather in between all the other festivities. So glad to hear that both family gatherings were a success ;)
ReplyDeleteWell, technically the gathering with T's family was crazy because baby decided to crying and scream hysterically every time Grandma looked at him so after two attempts of going in and out of the place, W and I drove home and skipped out on the dinner! Fun.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know they had cartoons in the theater! At FEP?