This Monday felt kind of like it was my January 1st. I'm pretty sure an inspiring weekend of general conference is to thank. I feel inspired and motivated to be a better person, a more patient mother and to be more spiritually minded.
Over the past few years (especially since having children) I have struggled with reading my scriptures on a daily basis (more famine then feast). I decided to set myself a little goal to read my BOM cover to cover by the time summer is over. I contacted one of my fave friends and asked if by chance she wanted to join in on my challenge and we could motivate each other and enjoy a few rewards along the way. Lucky for me, she jumped at it!
I figure I might as well put it out there so I feel accountable. If you see me purusing my new cell phone (finally stepped out of the dark ages) be sure to ask me if I am "wasting" my time or working towards meeting my goal! Let me know if you want to join in on the fun too.
good luck. I have recently recommitted myself to daily scripture reading. It's not happening all the time but I'm doing better. If I get even something 'spiritual' read, I feel like I've done something, whether it's my actual scriptures, The Ensign, a book, conference talk, etc.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on 1,2,3,4 suggested by Sister Beck:
1. get out of bed, say prayers
2. spend some time in the scriptures
3. get dressed
4. make your bed
She promised that it would help your day run smoother as co-CEO of your family. It's been helpful.
I know the feeling! Conference was so motivating for me too. Matt and I have started reading the scriptures together before bed -- I don't know how far we will get, but we will keep plugging along! Good luck!!
ReplyDelete