We have been loosely counting down to when our house would be completed (based on when our building supervisor hinted it would be done by). For the most part time is going quickly. However there are days, which are always the result of rough sleepless nights in our tight quarters, that bring on moments that make time stand still.
When we entered the "homeless" phase I gave us a max of 16 weeks to be in our place. We are 7 weeks in.
Today was a rough day thanks to a max of 3 hrs of sleep with each kid waking in the night and then waking others with their noise.
When I drove by our house today I peeked in the windows to see the second coat of paint on the walls and stacks of trim boards and doors on the floor.....exciting. A few hrs later I received an email with our possession date. August 29 ......um what??? Ugh. That adds 3 more weeks onto my 16 week time line. Moments later baby W puked all over himself in the car as we drove the long trip home from school (icing on the cake).
Time to make some sweet plans for August to help the extra time fly. At least we will be in for the start of school....phew.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Countdown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awh, friend......!!!!!!!!! Reading through this post made me feel like you guys are in motel mode. The whole situation is a bit brutal. (....in the very least you are getting a sweet house at the end of it all.) It's hard to see the end in sight, yet, hey? Can't wait to hear about your vacation plans to somewhere awesome.
ReplyDeleteCome up here for a few days. Steph is having her baby mid July-ish. Or any other time, come too.
ReplyDeleteIt really isnt that bad most nights but when it is it is painful. ...lol. at least we get to see daily progress on the house which keeps it exciting. Regardless I am still glad wesold early with T in school we couldn't have done that and packed.
ReplyDeleteIt always seems to take longer when you are anxiously waiting for something you really want (and need). One day at a time -- it will pass! I hope we can come up and see your new place -- we are excited for you too!
ReplyDeleteW seems to have the same thoughts about sharing a room that you do. I wish you the best of luck as that will be a crazy week with moving and A starting school. At least school is almost done so you can stop the drive.
ReplyDeleteSummer seems to be the best time of year to be homeless because being outside is more fun anyways. I don't envy the close quarters- the idea has kept me home from many a road trip with the kids- but enjoy the sunshine and all the fun that Edmonton has to offer in the summer and the weeks will fly by!
ReplyDeleteOh Man! So sorry friend. I can only imagine what that must feel like. Here's hoping it goes faster than it seems.
ReplyDelete