Monday, May 26, 2014

Beach Season Has Begun

Last week we got a nice dose of summer like weather with temps in the mid 20's and then hitting 29/30 by the end of the week.  The lake water is still icy cold but it doesn't seem to deter the kids (or the big kid I'm married to ;)

AL had Tuesday off school after the long weekend so we all headed down to the beach for a playdate with JA's school Buddy.  His friend doesn't live very close by and car pools with a few other kids so this was a first time getting to know his mom and sister.  The kids had a blast.  It was fun watching JA having fun and being silly with his bud.

It was the perfect day for a picnic at the beach.  I kind of chuckled when his friend and sister showed up in their swim suits, thinking surely they must not realize how cold the water is.  It didn't take long before the kids were all soaked and running in and out of the water!


 They had a blast warming up in the sand!
 It was extra fun having this girl along with us.  I'm looking forward to summer time with her.
 Two days later we were back and enjoying the heat!  Not much more relaxing then this (these are the days I feel slightly guilty T is stuck in an office down town while I get to play)
 Couldn't keep anyone out of the water!
 Not long after they were all wet head to toe


I had to throw this fuzzy pic in just for memories.  "Stuck, I stuck!" (chubby hand is always getting stuck in his pocket)

Friday was the HOT day and lucky for us T was home all day too.  After school got out we picked up AL and took the kids for their promised Slurpee they had been working for all week, then we headed to the beach.

 I didn't take a ton of pics but I will say the absolute best part of the week was spending so much time with all our friends from school, church and on our street playing and visiting!  The weather was amazing but it is all so much more fun when you are surrounded by great friends.  I should have taken a pic but it didn't take long before I spotted T out there full on swimming brrrrrr
 I was chatting with one of my neighbors at the beach on saturday and we were both talking about how we seriously lucked out with the amazing street we live on.  The neighbors couldn't be better!  Feeling truly fortunate.

Spring time returned and we are soaking up a lot of rain today! 

My new nephew (in law) came with his new bride this weekend and installed a security system for us.  AL is pretty convinced that she now has her own personal weather station on the wall now.  I can't count how often I have found her scrolling through the monitor for the weather lol.

1 comment: