Monday, May 26, 2014

Victoria Day Weekend

Happy Birthday to the Queen!  Miss AL was certain that we needed to get her a gift, make her a card and take it to her (I wish).  Growing up my Granny was always a big time Royal watcher, instilling in me a deep love for this family.  One of my favorite things to play at her house was Princess Diana paper dolls that I dressed in paper replicas of all her gorgeous gowns.

We didn't go see the Queen but we did manage to have lots of fun.

A few of the highlights:

One of my all time favorite things to do is garden in the spring and summer.  Sadly our yard is nothing but a pile of clay and dirt so I will have to settle for a few pots of flowers.  Still so fun though (especially while watching with envy all weekend as all my neighbors across the street worked on their yards.  We are still waiting for our rough grade before we can start)



 I love watching it all grow and bloom.  The heat this past week has things looking way better then these pics.  I also got to plant an extra pot for a lady at church.  We had a service auction a few months ago for an activity and I auctioned off my service of filling a planter for one of the ladies.  Fun.
 On the Saturday we headed to the zoo for a little visit.  We were very pleasantly surprised to discover the major renos they have been working on the past couple yrs are complete.  Such a nice improvement.  We even bought a yr pass so we can enjoy it over the summer more.
The kids loved these sea lions that kept jumping up to the glass at them.
 Can you spot the seal behind AL?

 Checking out the new Beaver exhibit (just need the real beavers to arrive)
 Not until after I took the pic did I realize WR was petting the reindeer ;)
 The new exhibits have these streams running all through them, I'm betting WR will fall in at least a few times this summer!
 Climbing through the ice cave

 JA's favorite part is always the train ride
 First trip to the petting zoo for this guy

 We have been spending lots of time trying to plan out our front yard so that once we have our rough grade approval we can just get cracking.  We have gone to a few rock places to check out boulders (we want to bring a little of the BC rocky mtns to our front yard!)
 The healthy eating continued.  I finally bought a BBQ wok and nothing beats a huge tray of BBQ'd veggies.  I am happy to report that I am noticing a huge change in my energy levels!
 The best part of the weekend though was just spending time together having fun as a family.

1 comment:

  1. (happy sigh) MORE HAPPINESS! I love it. love love love it!

    ReplyDelete