Friday, May 16, 2014

Little Changes

I went and saw a friend of mine that is a Holistic Nutritionist a week or so ago.  She specializes in helping women "reclaim their crazy, beautiful hormones".  With all the sickness that has floated around the house this winter I have been on a quest to change the way we live and strengthen our immune systems.  I also wanted to boost my energy and see what I could do to get my hormones in check to clear up my skin.  I won't go into the details on here, but of course am more then eager to chat about them in person.  I absolutley love the information and direction I got and would recommend her in a heart beat.  I am excited for the changes I have started this week and will continue to work on.  I was truly amazed by what she could tell me my body was lacking. 
Part of my goals are to try to reduce refined sugars along with making sure I am eating 5-7 servings of veggies a day.  I am also doing 2 weeks dairy free to see if an allergy may be at play.  At first I thought it would be easy until I started to realize dairy is in everything!!!  We do eat pretty healthy already but I am realizing there is so much more we can do to boost the health factor.

A few of the things that we have been loving this week:

Meals that are loaded with veggies! (Especially green ones)  Yes, the chicken looks sad because it was supposed to hit the BBQ but the propane ran out and I had no hubby home to change it.  We are also using coconut oil for sauteeing (the only oil that won't turn into a trans fat upon heating)
 Green Smoothies!  JA loves helping me pack spinach and chia seeds in the blender with fruit and coconut or almond milk (You know it tastes good if the kids inhale it too)
 Over night oats in replacement of instant oatmeal packs (soak 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup coconut or almond milk and TBSP chia seeds and pinch of salt over night)
 Can eat hot or cold (I added a bit of Agave syrup, raspberries and toasted coconut)
 Taco salad made with blue corn chips, zuchinni, tomatoes, peppers, avacado, extra lean ground beef etc
I have a ton more changes to make and am excited!  Limiting the estrogen producers like fabric softner and plastics are high on my list to start with.  Hoping we are heading towards life long change.  Send me any of your favorite recipes!

A few other changes this week:

JA got a new bike in the fall but Daddy bought it without him there and it is just too big for him since he can't touch the ground so this week he got another new bike.  He loves it.  I will say it again, the way kids can transition from a strider bike to a real bike with no training wheels is amazing!


 Our loft if now complete and the basement is framed (still need a pic of that).  Time to get all of our storage organized!

 These boys just visited Mom's hair salon and got some spring hair cuts.  WR can no longer pull his hair back into a pony tail lol (maybe one day we will tackle the bottle dependancy too ;)
 Spring is finally in the air!!!  We had our best buds over to the beach this week and loved loved loved soaking in the sun. 

I have a bunch of annuals waiting to be planted in pots this weekend.  Time to add some green to the construction zone.  (Hopefully a yard will be in the works before too long as well)

2 comments:

  1. Food shots look yummy and healthy and fresh! I can't get over how awesome that storage is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your loft for storage is so great!!

    ReplyDelete