T was given the task of speaking in church on Mother's Day. He was assigned the topic of Mary, the Mother of Jesus. He was given just a weeks notice so needless to say he was kept pretty busy leading up to the big day.
I was on a bit of a crusade with a group of community members to shut down a propossed rezoning to the land across from our school. The area is already so poorly developed and congested that the new proposal will only make it a complete nightmare. We walk to school each day so it doesn't directly affect us but it sure affects the safety of our children. I spent the week at meetings, writing our town council members and trying to rally support. It is good to care about and be involved in your neighborhood.
On Friday JA came home with this gem from preschool. Classic JA. Cracked me up. (Clearly he is just full of wishful thinking)
I did an absolutely terrible job at taking pics this weekend. We had T's family over along with the sister missionaries (who were doing laundry) for brunch saturday morning for T's Mom. I'm sad I didn't capture it because it was so delish, cinnamon buns, fruit salad, yogurt, ham/egg/cheese cups, sausage, turnovers, etc. Can't go wrong with that! We've had T's brother here doing work (the garage loft) and then set him to work after brunch framing out our basement.
We won't finish the basement this year but it is one step closer now!
Saturday was filled running around with swimming lessons and errands. Saturday night I got spoiled with a night out with the girls to go see Divergent. Such a fun time!
We have church at 9am and with T speaking we could not be late. The kids tried to surprise me with breakfast in bed but it was more like breakfast on the bathroom counter as I put on my make up lol.
They spoiled me with adorable gifts that they were so excited to give me. Seriously nothing is sweeter then this kid of love from my favorite little people. The one thing that I always ask for is a pic with my kids. We were in a mad rush but we managed to snap a few.
The kids got up with the primary and sang "I Often Go Walking" which was heart melting. T then gave a beautiful and touching talk. Nothing like hearing sweet words about your own mothering from your husband to make you get teary eyed.
I ran into a few of the boys in my Sunday School class at the movies the night before. When I asked if they had gotten anything for their moms they hadn't (although one planned to refill his pop and take it home to his mom lol). They asked if we could make something in class so that is just what we did! Armed with paper, googley eyes, feathers, sitckers and glue we set out to make some great creations for their moms. It was so fun! Here are a few the girls created!
The BEST present of the day came when we went to Relief Society (the ladies class) and all the men filled in teaching for the women in primary so we could all be together. We got into small groups and chatted about a few mothering/family quotes and then spent the hour eating the most lovely food,; punch, fruit kabobs, veggie cups, chocolates, cookies and every yummy dessert you can get from Costco. We laughed, cried and just enjoyed the hour. Pure bliss.After church I dove into preparation for having my parents and sisters family for dinner. I of course had to make a few of these cute center pieces ;)
The "adult table" below and the "kid table" was the island (kids loved that)
I served a salad in my Granny's crystal bowl and thought about just how special she is.
We had a feast of a ton of yummy salads, buns and ribs and skor trifle for dessert. After we ate my mom, sister and I (and WR) walked over to peek inside my parents house.
The weekend was busy but seriously left me feeling like one lucky lady to be blessed with such a beautiful family and children!






.jpg)




Definitely a busy, but rich weekend :) What happened with the zoning??
ReplyDelete