Friday, June 20, 2014

A world of Difference

6 weeks or so ago I started on a life changing journey.  I am still dairy and refined sugar free and feeling really great.  It obviously takes more prep time and weekly meal planning but so far it is so worth it.  I truly feel so much better.  It has been fun trying new recipes, adding tons of veggies to our meals (hello roasted brussel sprouts) and seeing my kids embrace more and more of it.
 
Everyone was in love with these chocolate avocado cupcakes!    Last week I had a moment of frustration after 5 weeks with zero cheating and inhaled a full chocolate bar at rapid pace, instant head ache which I expected but within 20 mins I was doubled over in pain from stomach cramps that lasted close to an hr.  Seriously it was bad.  I couldn't get over how badly my body reacted after eating so clean. 
 

We loved some colorful fruit salad this week too.  The kids had fun trying to identify the 4 different orange colored fruits.
 I have managed to drop 6lbs as a side product (good bye winter junk eating weight).  It sure is nice to just feel so much more like me!  I'm even enjoying all the research and information being absorbed....nice to use that dusty brain a bit more lol.

4 comments:

  1. I know, right?! It's like, our brain and body can't let go of the cravings, but the instant reminder is a good teaching tool. I know I depend on it. Lol. Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! I'm glad that you are feeling so good and I am sure your kids are too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I need to be a bit more disciplined in my eating habits for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean is good. I'm so glad you are feeling good. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete