For father's Day we arranged for private sailing lessons down at the beach for T and my Dad in July. In order to line it up I pretty much couldn't keep it a surprise but the men are excited for that adventure.
The kids and I decided to make Daddy a sweet Candy gram. The boys and I headed to a specialty candy store down town in search of some extra fun titles.
The final product. I had to let go of my vision and humor and just let AL write what she wanted. Turned out cute.
9am church can make it a bit tough to pull off breakfast in bed but I was determined and set an early alarm and got a simple breakfast ready while getting myself showered and blow dried (pilsbury cinnamon buns, fruit and baked egg cups)......slight torture for my new eating habits
The kids were so excited to wake Dad up! They showered him with AL's school gifts and JA's hot wheels.
And then they all ate breakfast with Dad........my bed felt a little crumby that night ;)
We had a few extra mins to attempt a pic before church....the boys may not have wanted anything to do with it lol
Love
At church the men were spoiled with a bag of cookies and a Dad's rootbeer. The kids each made their dad a bow tie out of a bag of mini eggs along with a bunch of other little cute notes and gifts.
WR HATES nursery and T has spent a lot of time in there the past 5 mths while I teach. One sunday a month we both have to teach separate classes and WR usually ends up in my class. WR gave the best present to his Daddy by happily going to nursery and not freaking out once while we both taught. I helped out due to short staff the last bit and my little man actually even got right into playing/singing "sleeping bunnies" with all the kids.
We had T's mom over for dinner and after we ate T's favorite (sweet and sour meatballs....modified to be dairy and sugar free lol) we walked to the beach.
I LOVE how JA will just toss his scooter on the ground and play any random hop scotch game that crosses his path. The essence of childhood.
T's mom has been having a tough go with the loss of a job so she really loved every minute of the kids.
Another great evening.
Happy Father's Day T. We love you more then you can even imagine. You work so hard, seem to have an endless supply of patience along with an endless supply of energy to get down and play with the kids. We couldn't ask for more.












Superb candy gram. I loved it. And what a treat to have WR go to nursery finally! Sounds like a great day of celebrations.
ReplyDelete