School didn't start until September 8th this year which worked out to an extra week of summer. What a gift it was! It wasn't until the last few days that I finally felt ready to send my kids back to school and honestly that was probably just due to the chilly weather. I loved our time together each day, I loved no schedule and just time to explore and relax. Of course there were moments of fighting but I truly wasn't ready for it to end.
The beginning of the school year seems to come faster and faster each year which in turn means the children are getting older way too fast. I wish I could just slow down time a little bit.
JA and I got the chance to meet his teacher the friday before school started with made the hugest difference for him. He was very calm and cooperative heading to school and oh so excited to see all his buddies. JA and I met AL's teacher too when we visited so that helped her feel excited about where she would be and that night parents were able to see who the teachers were online. So with lots of texts we were able to know she had some of her amazing friends in her class (a big deal when there are 5 potential classes they could be in for her grade).
With a few days under our belts we are starting to get into a routine and ironed out a few kinks (ie. AL needed to switch lockers to a lower one because she was too short to reach hers lol) but everyone is doing really well so far so hooray for that!
 |
| We had a back to school FHE and finished it with a toast to the new school year |
 |
| Off to Grade One |
 |
| Grade three for this big girl |
 |
| Excited to have so many friends from last year in his class |
 |
| Excited for this new adventure |
 |
| Showing me her locker at Meet the Teacher night. The magnetized accessories were her most exciting supply to buy for back to school! |
Here's to hoping things continue to go smoothly for these two this year. WR and I are hoping to settle into a groove next week (post wisdom teeth recovery for me) with just the two of us home all day long. This is the first time in 5 years I haven't had to do a preschool or kindergarten pick up and I'm excited at all the fun we are going to be able to have now!
Lockers? Crazy.
ReplyDeleteNo locks on them! All I see is no more easy lice spread 😊☺😊
ReplyDelete