Saturday, October 10, 2015

Time with T

T and I are often like ships passing in the night, maybe with a quick hello or 5 min catch up as we pass and too often not even that.  He works harder than anyone I know.  We make a huge effort to get in a good chat on the phone for 15 mins most days while he eats lunch and I'm sure this saves us!
T has an exam to write so he took a few extra days off around thanksgiving. He had mostly been locked in the basement studying hard but we managed to get out and have some much needed fun!
On Thursday we headed to the ravine close to our house with WR to soak in the amazing weather and fall colors. On Friday we managed to leave WR with grandma and his cousin and head out on some adventure.  We decided to explore a part of the river we hadn't before. We ended up seeing some gorgeous views. We hit a fork in our path and decided to keep going along the river bank (although the sign may have said the trail wasn't recommended for use lol). We rode the narrowest trails up and down hills, through mud, up and down staircases  that were missing steps etc. And there was some bike carrying too. It was insane but somehow it was so fun. We didn't spend a dime but these are some of our favorite dates.  Sure do love these moments to reconnect and just have fun together.

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! And when does that schooling madness end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much no end in sight :/ We are basically at the half way point, a good 2 yrs to go. This semester is an accounting class which is just so much harder - group assignment due each week, personal quiz each week, several chapters to read each week, weekly quiz and an exam every 4 weeks. And all very lengthy time consuming math equations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man. That sounds brutal. I thought your guys were almost done awhile back.... I seem to recall a few hiccups though. At any rate, I hope you can find more time together than this in the future. :( Marriage is hard.

    ReplyDelete