Friday, February 19, 2016

Valentine's

The week leading up to the 14th we decorated the house and hung the kids envelopes on their chairs to fill with daily tokens of love.
I ended up working every day for the weeks leading up to valentine's day including a handful of days at my kid's school which is always my favorite place to be. I got to teach one of my favorite gr.2 classes 2 doors down from JA on the day of the class parties. I love watching all the excitement of the kids as they fill each others envelopes with sweet little cards. The day was extra fun when my good friend (and partner in crime at Cubs) came in as a parent volunteer during the class party. The absolute highlight of my day however was when my sweet Buddy came running in the classroom with a card he'd made me. Made me melt.
On Saturday we finally got out all of our valentine stickers, dollies, sparkles and cards and created some masterpieces. My nephew had just had 8 impacted teeth surgically removed so the kids made him lots of love notes to cheer him up. Pretty sure WR used an entire bottle of glue on his ; )
We were spoiled with amazing BBQ weather and enjoyed the perfect steak dinner.
Sunday was valentine's and our 12th wedding anniversary. I seriously don't know where the time has gone but I know there is no one I'd rather spend it with than T. I never imagined I could be so deeply in love. A lucky girl indeed.
We tried to get AL to snap a few pics of us before church but most were blurry and the one that wasn't left me with some sweet "horns" thanks to my planter pot in the background and her low angel lol. Grandpa came over for a delicious brunch after church and managed to snap a pic from a better horn free angel. I'm realizing it's not often enough we actually take pics together and resolve to take more!  My mom spoiled us with an amazing dinner that night as well.
Pretty much a lovely weekend  (other than not getting out on a date yet to celebrate our anniversary). Love time with those I love more than anything in the world.

1 comment: