Reality was hard to get back to after paradise! We lucked out and spring hit on our return to make the transition so much easier. Once the fog of the time change lifted and the sheer mountain of laundry disappeared I got back to teaching.
We managed to get through our two and a half weeks of routine until spring break with no major hiccups (other than finding out poor JA would be getting yet another new teacher....sigh).
We set up the trampoline, got in park days, play dates and cracked open the Mexican vanilla (oh that smell).
The week leading up to spring break I took a week long assignment in a very high needs gr 1 class. I typically don't teach at schools too far from home but made an exception for this one. The school principal, vice principal, librarian and some teachers used to all be at the inner city school I used to teach at full time 9 yrs ago. Add in one of my other sweet friends teaching there too and it was like a little reunion. These kids were so challenging but so sweet too. Reminded me of the sense of accomplishment (and exhaustion) I used to feel yrs ago teaching high needs.
By the time Good Friday hit we were all excited for a break!
Monday, April 4, 2016
Back to Reality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You won't believe this, but my neighbour took a quick trip down to Cabo with her daughter for spring break and brought us a bottle of vanilla, too! It looks like the one in your picture. I could smell it through the screen :) LOL.
ReplyDelete