Monday, April 4, 2016

Easter

Easter snuck up on us in a big way this year. I was glad the kids were invited to a birthday Thursday evening so I could buy treats!
I was pretty exhausted going into Easter after working so much but I was presented with the opportunity to help out a single mom in serious need through that job so, despite the exhaustion it felt like a good way to go into a holiday focused on what Christ would do.
On good Friday I grocery shopped and scoured the house (thanks WR for supervising ;) In the afternoon we dyed eggs. I seriously love how pretty they always are. I barely remember the details to the weekend (sign of old age) but Saturday we hosted T's family for Easter dinner. It was delicious! The highlight was staying up way past our bedtime visiting and drinking slurpees with our niece and her husband after.  Sunday morning the Easter bunny came (though he vows to try to remember to come Saturday next yr).  The kids had a blast hunting for eggs and raiding their baskets.
That evening we were spoiled with an amazing dinner at my parents and lots of fun with cousins.  An eggselent weekend indeed.

1 comment:

  1. pretty pretty pretty! I need to refresh my tulips. They were totally dead when we got home :(

    ReplyDelete