I kicked off Mother's Day weekend heading to watch "Mother's Day" with my dear friend. We loved it. I seriously cried I was laughing so hard. The kids had no school that day so it was fun to get a little break away after that.
My sweet husband brought home my favorite flowers in the prettiest color!Saturday was a bit crazy with my MIL deciding last minute she didn't want to meet us at a restaurant for us to take her out to eat but wanted me to cook dinner at our house (um no thanks). Anyway after a bit of frustration we decided to order in Chinese for the H extended family. We gave the house a quick clean and managed to get in close to 2 hrs at the lake in the scorching heat! The dinner worked out just fine but I still maintain we need a separate Mother's day for young moms and Grandmothers day to make it easier to spread the love.
After our family dinner I headed down to the airport hangar where donations were being received and organized to help the 80k people who had to evacuated the YMM fires. My heart had been aching for days wanting to help those affected. I just couldn't imagine the horror of it all. The previous day I had taken the boys to fill a cart to over flowing with diapers, wipes, water, tampons, toothpaste etc and made a donation but it felt so good to get my hands helping too.
I wish I could have captured on my camera the feeling and the scene. Trucks kept pouring in from all over the province with donations into the wee hours of the late night/early morning. People of all backgrounds and ages were there arms out stretched to put in long exhausting hours to help get it to though in need.
There were several moments that just took my breath away as I surveyed the scene of what was transpiring here. It was hard to walk away and go home knowing so much work was left to do.
After a very very short sleep I was woken to a lovely breakfast made with love!
The one thing I truly want for Mother's Day is a pic of me with my kids. I love them!
It sometimes feels like a gong show (especially with a neighbor boy distracting my kids to the side lol) but I treasure them
I got in a very needed nap in the afternoon (such a rare treat) and then the men fold spoiled us with a delicious dinner and dessert.
After dinner I headed back to the hangar to put in another shift. The word had mistakenly gotten out for evacuees to come and pick up supplies at this location (not an ideal calm place for them) and I got several opportunities to lend a hand. There isn't much that will bring tears to your eyes that watching the grief and overwhelming emotions of those going through such a tough ordeal. It truly touched me. The thing though that has blown me away is just how generous people are. We live in the most amazing province filled with the most loving, strong and kind people. You can't even imagine the extent of the donations as they roll out as fast as they arrive. T and I have gotten in many more opportunities to swap turns taking shifts over the following week and each time my heart is just so touched by all of the goodness.
The next morning as I was cleaning up the house I found this adorable Mother's Day check list in AL's bed. Melt.
There isn't much a mother can treasure more than these hand made sweet gifts and notes of love!
These 3 children have a way of filling my life with so much joy and love (even amidst the moments that they bring me to my breaking point :) I love them with all my heart and fell so blessed that they call me Mom.















Brings me to tears. *sniff* And tell me about those desserts. P.S. Good call on the chinese food....although it baffles me about the other expectations placed on you...
ReplyDeleteThe chocolate dessert was a tuxedo mousse cake from costco and the pink one is a chiffon cake (my granny's old recipe).....amazing!
ReplyDelete