Not sure how over a month flies by without blogging but life just never seems to slow down! We have been absolutely spoiled this spring with gorgeous weather and bursts of scorching hot summer temperatures. JA pretty much lives outside. My railings in the house are constantly covered in his little black hand prints from playing ball all day long.
Over a month ago now, he started his first night of soccer. To say he is loving it would be an understatement. This is our first experience with a private soccer club and aside from the price I am very impressed with the level of learning that comes from soccer pro coaches. He practices tues/thurs evenings and then will compete in 5 tournaments june/july. He has so many friends on the team which makes it extra fun.WR has also become obsessed with wearing his swim shorts and swim tops. He seriously lives in his swim top (even if it's just tucked under his normal clothes)
He has lucked out with having his best neighbor buddy always willing to play too
We've gotten in lots of tennis and time at the beach
And seeing my first daffodil pop through was just the most exciting thing ever. In the fall I planted over 100 bulbs and smile every time I look outside at the rainbow of flowers popping up!And the BBQ has been a must on the hot days. (Anyone else have kids obsessed with shrimp??)
I've been busy teaching at my favorite handful of schools. It's so nice to get to know so many lovely classes and teachers. I love my time in the classroom. I've been working alot lately but I know that within a few weeks work will be non existent as the year starts to draw to a close. I hit up a fun clothing sale and got some pretty new tops I'm loving and had to take a pic!
What can I say? We are loving spring!
Homework on the deck
Beach days
The sprinkler seems to be running under the trampoline almost daily!
Trying to blow the yellow ones too ;)
On a total random note I had to post this pic. We are having a little rootbeer (and a few other flavors) taste test over the last week. We crack a bottle in the evening and each get a taste and rank it in comparison to what we've had thus far. The kids are loving it lol
And one last note worthy moment was our Nala girl turning 11 years old. When I got home from work and was in the mad rush of trying to get us out the door by 5:45pm for soccer (pretty much a mad rush 5 nights/week right now for various activities.....yikes) the kids decided we should bake her a cake. Thankfully we found a quick no bake peanut butter ball recipe to whip up. Nala was pretty shocked she was allowed up at the table but once the candle was blown out she was pretty excited!
I can barely remember life feeling busier but in spite of it all we are loving it!


























I just love stuff like this. Spring wasn't a favourite season until a few years ago. All the bright new colours and life. Let us know how the root beer test plays out... we love a good RB. Also...did you guys decided on a privacy screen?
ReplyDeleteNope no privacy screen. I don't foresee one in our future but we are looking at doing the screened in porch but super pricey so it will wait a few yrs. On the one side our neighbors house extends very far past ours and their deck is over the other side so we don't see them (and no windows there) and our other neighbors built a privacy screen on their deck so it all works out perfectly!
ReplyDelete