Sunday, May 22, 2016

One busy weekend

As last weekend approached I honestly cringed not knowing how I'd pull off all that was on our calendar. Thursday and Friday the kids had their spring concerts. It was in lieu of the christmas concert due to gr 6 classes still being held in the gym awaiting the completion of portables. The concert was absolutely adorable and the songs and actions so fun. I had been hearing little snippets of them for months at the dinner table so it was fun to finally see it. There are so many gr 1-3's that they divide them in half for performances and unfortunately JA and AL had different nights. I worked all week and was able to attend AL's show Thursday evening and then I was holding a baby shower Friday night so was able to hit the matinee of JA's show Friday. Both kids blew me away with their enthusiasm. Smiling and singing the entire time! I loved it.
I had planned to hold a baby shower for my niece on the Friday night (long before I knew it would conflict with concerts). I had worked all week and just wasn't sure how I'd pull it all off. When I found myself awake at 4 am I decided to get up and get cleaning. It was seriously the only way to do it all lol (and easier not having my WR up and making a mess at the same time). The shower turned out great and she was very spoiled by her friends and family! T went with JA to his concert and he came back after and enjoyed the feast ;) We can't wait to meet our great niece in July!
First thing Saturday morning we ran to get our guinea pigs and then the moment we returned I packed up my bike for to spend the day biking with the Cubs for the city wide bikeree. It was a beautiful day and great ride but I always wish things like that didn't take me away from my family all day (bitter sweet).

No comments:

Post a Comment